The area San Vito lo Capo in the north-west of Sicily is one of the best European climbing destinations for the cooler season. Many routes can be reached on foot from the camping and Monte Monaco even offers some multi-pitch climbs up to a length of 400 m.
The moderate climate, the situation close to the sea, cheap flights, the infrastructure of San Vito (beach, supermarkets, restaurants, hotels,...) and the very well protected and really excellent routes (also in the moderate grades) make this area to a real top-spot of European climbing.
- Comfortable temperatures also in winter (many south/west facing sectors)
- Close vicinity to the beach, the area lies directly at the sea
- Very short approach times: Many crags can be reached in 1-5 minutes.
- The campsite El Bahira lies directly at the coast and below the biggest cliff. The first sectors are only a few steps from the campsite area.
- Excellent connections and cheap flights to Birgi-Trapani or Palermo from all over Europe
- +109 new sport climbing routes (compared to the 6th edition)
- The alpine multi-pitch routes on the Monte Monaco which have been done in the last years have been added to this edition
- 1200 sport climbing routes and numerous multi-pitch routes up to 400 m
Described areas: Rocca Firriato • Monte Monaco • Pizzo Monaco • Nuova Ossessione • Cattedrale nel Deserto • Il Grande Occhio • Scogliera di Salinella • Valanga • Macari - Placche di Macari (Lage • situation) • Lost World • Torre Radio Nord • Grotta Perciata • Castelluzzo Outdoor Wall • Crown of Aragon • Cinema Paradiso • Custonaci / Scurati
language german, english, italian
7. edition 2020
K. Oelze, H. Röker