The Lofoten archipelago is a magical area - a pearl necklace of granite mountains, deep blue fjords, and tiny wooden fishing villages all squeezed between the mainland and the vastness of the Norwegian Sea, situated 250km north of the Arctic Circle. There is extensive high quality rock climbing here on magnificent granite cliffs, the vast majority of this being traditionally protected. There is also superb hiking, mountaineering (summer and winter) as well as winter activities, ice climbing plus downhill and ski-mountaineering.
This will be the second Rockfax guidebook to this spectacular and beautiful area, the first 2008 volume won the Banff Guidebook of the Year Award and put Lofoten very much on the map. We have updated and expanded the information with a completely new set of crag photographs, plus some fantastic maps and all the new developments from the nine years since the last book was published. For the first time we have also included coverage of the astounding set of peaks around the Stetind area on the mainland, close to Narvik.
The Lofoten Climbs Rockfax will continue to be the ‘go to’ volume - the essential companion for travelling climbers visiting this wonderful rock paradise.
* The West - Helvetestinden, Merraflestinden, Breiflogtinden, Branntuva, Maslitinden, Olstinden, Olkontinden, Reinesvaet, Ramsberg, Stortind, Eggum
* Henningsvaer - Rarvika, Pianokrakken, Djupfjord, Presten, Gandalfveggen, Festvagvegg, The Coast
* Kalle - Paradiset, Vagakallen, Overdalen, Kallebukta, Trollfestningen, Glamtinden
* Kabelvag - Sandvika, Tjelbergvika
* Svolvaer - Blatinden, Svolvaer Geita, Skrapillaren
C. Craggs und Th. Enevold